Monday, February 2, 2009

TAKiNG A STAND

Being a teenager, taking a stand is not always easy. A few weekends ago, I went to a party with one of my best friends. When we got there, everyone else had been drinking. Most of the people were so drunk they couldn't stand up straight. One phrase I heard over and over again that night was "Come on, nobody will know if ya'll drink." My friend and I just refused, and said we didn't want to.


I've always been taught not to drink, because it only leads to worse things. Eventually, my friend and I just called her grandma to come pick us up. We came home without touching a drop of alcohol. It was hard to just leave all our friends at the party, but we knew it was what we needed to do.


When you get in a tough situation that challenges what you believe in, do you simply give in, or take a stand for what you know is right?

No comments: