Monday, May 25, 2009

Thirteen Reasons Why

In Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why, Clay Jensen returns home to find a shoebox of seven cassette tapes by his front door. Each side of a tape is the story of one person, a reason why Hannah Baker committed suicide. Clay is on the list, but doesn't know why.

With a map of the town and the seven tapes, Clay visits all the places that Hannah mentioned on the tapes. Althought Clay doesn't really want to hear what the tapes say, he can not stop playing them until he is finished. This is exactly how I felt while reading this book...I just couldn't put it down!

This book teaches a very important lesson....No matter how insignificant your actions may seem, they can still affect others in huge ways. After reading this book, I think before I say or do something. I recommend this book to absolutely everyone!

No comments: